Thursday, May 2, 2019

Meet Val!

My pride and joy is my 1990 VW cabriolet. I bought her in September of 2017 after I crashed my '02 golf. She's everything I could want in a car, two door, convertible, and BRIGHT RED!

She makes the competition sweat with all 94 of her hp and is super practical for upstate NY. I bought her with every intention of making her my daily driver. Thankfully, she's a priss and sat in the repair lot all that winter (her choice not mine). The next winter came around and she found a cozy garage to hibernate in until warmer days. I learned the hard way that she's a snow bird like most of the older residents of New York.

I'm making this blog to post updates on her and to create a community of fellow motor-heads to help me along my journey. Val is the first car I've fallen in love with and I want to get to the point where I can do all of the work on her myself and eventually work on other project cars that I hope to acquire. Specifically, an mx-5 Miata from 1989-1997 only because if you don't get the poppy-uppy lights then what are you doing? Advice and/or anecdotes from any of your garage baby projects are more than welcome in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

40's in a Bag

This past weekend I went to an exclusively euro car meet with big focus on VW and Audi. There were a few others which is why I prefaced ...