Sunday, May 5, 2019

The Master List

I think just about everyone has this list in their heads of everything they want to do to their car disregarding money, time, and know how. Taking steps to actually getting a few of these things crossed off my list, I'm going to put it all right here!

Front driver’s side bumper gash
Shift Boot
Shift knob
New Steering wheel
Carpet
Glove compartment
Back speakers
Weather stripping on Passenger’s side
Cleaning the headliner
Find the last piece of side trim
Blacked out bumpers?
Replace center console piece
Cutting out the rust and welding not rusted metal on to it
Reupholstering the seats
New seats all together?
New hood

The order of the list is roughly starts with what I'm more likely to get done to true #exhaustpipedreams of mine that will probably never get done but hey, a girl can dream.

I'm happy to report that some of these items are already in works. I have the back speaker replacements ordered and ready for a sunny day. I met a great dude named JD yesterday at a VW and Audi car meet called 40's in a bag over in Olivebridge NY who said he might have the back driver's side piece of trim for me. I have the raw materials for the shift boot and glove compartment and now all I need is a special sewing machine that can handle vinyl and leather projects. Finally, I have a kit that can repair my front driver's side bumper gash. Just waiting on the sun for that one too!

Along with this list, I'm really interested in body work and interiors. I'm blessed enough to have access to some great high quality vinyl and once that specialty sewing machine is up and running again, I'm going to attempt my first car seat reupholstery project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

40's in a Bag

This past weekend I went to an exclusively euro car meet with big focus on VW and Audi. There were a few others which is why I prefaced ...